neo1973 does not power on.

tck6346 at njit.edu tck6346 at njit.edu
Tue Sep 23 17:00:19 CEST 2008

After a recent reboot, the system never came back. Pushing the power button
causes nothing to happen. I don't even seem to get into uboot(no logo screen). I
don't have a debug board. I do not have a sim card. I've been running Debian off
of the SD card mostly with success. I reflashed Uboot a few weeks ago, but have
rebooted many times since then without incident.

most recent changes (prior to last reboot):
1) I added the onboard fs to my fstab in my SD debian install so that I could
access it while booted into debian.
2)I changed from the debian X.org server over to the Xfbdev server copied from
the onboard fs. It worked fine when I did a startx. And I know it was running
the Xfbdev server because I was able to screen rotates with xrandr.

Things I've tried:
1) I tried pulling the battery, to clear state. Then restarting.
2) Letting it sit plugged in to make sure the battery had good charge. I
measured 4.1 volts across the battery terminals(out of the phone).
3) I removed the SD card. and repeated the above steps.

Any suggestions as to what to try next?

Ted Kotz