battery life problem

Gothnet openmoko at nastylittlehorse.net
Wed Sep 24 16:35:17 CEST 2008

Pietro "m0nt0" Montorfano wrote:

> Robert Norton ha scritto:
>> I observed the same problem with my newly arrived freerunner running
>> om2008.8 update. I fiddled with the wifi then did ifdown eth0 and
>> suspend. Bluetooth, wifi and GPS all set to off in settings. Less than
>> 24h later the neo would not turn on (thankfully there was enough
>> charge left to boot and start charging when I returned home).
>
> Yeah, anyone know anything to see which of the many things on the FR is
> draining my battery?

I'd like to add my voice to this lot, I've been getting in the order of 8-12
hours of battery life with minimal conversation or testing and everything
switched to off. I even looked to see if there was a higher capacity battery
available (there isn't).

It seems to be a little better with up to date Om2008.08, but not a hell of
a lot.

Any tips on diagnostics to run?