[ALL DISTROS] SD with multiple distros

Joachim Ott jo.omsl at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 25 02:46:50 CEST 2008

2008/9/25 yves mahe <ymahe at zindep.com>

> I try to install 4 partitions of equal size on my SANDISK 8 Gb:
> Partition 1 : fat for sharing data with products that recognize only fat
> Partitions 2 to 4 : ext2 with various distros (FSO on P2, DEBIAN on P3,
> FDOM on P4)
>
> All is done:
>  - fdisk
>  - format
>  - FSO ,DEBIAN and FDOM installs
>  - setup u-boot environment
>
> I can boot on partition 2 but not on partitions 3 and 4.

I've started to write something about this subject, it's not complete yet:
http://nop0.blogspot.com/2008/09/having-multiple-distributions-on.html

The difference to your setup is
- I don't have a FAT partition
- I put the uImage.bin into the each particular root-directory

I haven't had a partition beyond 7 GB yet. Does your u-boot environment look
similar like mine?