enlightenment crashes

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Fri Sep 26 05:17:39 CEST 2008

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 14:46:23 +1200 "Robin Paulson" <robin.paulson at gmail.com>
babbled:

> is anyone else getting a lot of enlightenment crashes? my freerunner's
> virtually unusable because of them - it usually recovers after the
> crash, though not always, but it takes over a minute to sort itself
> out. they usually happen whenever i use a qtopia app - messages is the
> worst, but also contacts and dialler cause problems. i'm running the
> stable branch, with most recent updates

are you sure it's enlightenment and not qpe? zecke used the same "white box of
death" code i have for e for catching qpe crashes and restarting it. carefully
read the dialog. (i already had one person complain about e crashes when it
actually was qpe. e also doesn't take a minute or so - e takes in the range of <
10 seconds (more like 5) to completely restart itself, which is why i wonder if
you read the dialog. :)

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com