Status on GTA01?

Peter Rasmussen plr at udgaard.com
Sun Sep 28 19:21:35 CEST 2008

Having fetched some images from http://downloads.openmoko.org/daily/
during September and wondered where we are going, I'm now finally taking
the opportunity to ask.

What is the version of uboot, kernel and root image that gets the most
out of the GTA01 hardware?

With the images from above, I don't seem to get a UI that shows a phone,
but more some screens that wants to install or update the system.

I don't suppose it matters whether I have a SIM in or not?

Runing Qtopia 4.3.2 from some time ago, it looks more like a real phone,
and I wonder if Qtopia releases are in fact the best path for GTA01 users?

Peter