Buzzing when using the touchscreen.

Kelvie Wong kelvie at ieee.org
Mon Sep 29 05:06:59 CEST 2008

Whenever I touch the touchscreen, I hear a faint buzzing or whining sound in
the earpiece of the phone (I can hear it even when my ear is not to the
earpiece).  It seems the closer my finger (or stylus) is to the earpiece, the
louder it becomes.

Also, perhaps related, whenever the screen is rotated to landscape mode, there
is a constant whine that emits from the earpiece.  Does anyone else experience
this?

During bootup, this doesn't happen (presumably either the speaker or the touch
screen isn't activated).
--
Kelvie Wong