Any ebook readers/textfile viewers you could recommend for 2008.8?

Edgar D' Souza edgar.b.dsouza at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 15:26:30 CEST 2008

Hi all,
 I feel terribly lost without my old Palm PDA, which bit the dust some
time back - I used to have a mini-library on it :) Having exhausted
most of our little collection of hard-copy books re-reading them, I
tried out evince under 2008.8 on a couple of PDFs (that were A4
papersize, AFAIK) and they were pretty not exactly pleasant to read. I
wonder if anyone knows of any more congenial ebook reader software
that would work on the FR - especially if it handled PDF, PDB, and TXT
files. I don't mind trying to convert PDB and PDF and other files to
text - if I could find an effective text file viewer for the distro.
Or if someone could point me to a way to reflow or otherwise convert
the PDF files for the smaller screen, so that I could read in a more
legible pointsize, that would be great.

Thanks in advance for help and suggestions!

Regards,
Ed.