OM2008.12 - basic usage instructions?

halbtaxabo-om at yahoo.com halbtaxabo-om at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 9 23:52:55 CEST 2009

Sean Chadwell <smchadwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> I found Tom Yates' pages really helpful. Start with "More fun with our Openmoko" (it's about 2008.9), but most of it will apply to 2008.12, as well, which he covers here (albeit in less detail).

Thanks, they look really useful!

>Don't waste all your time there, we're expecting the new 2009 version
>of the Openmoko distribution to arrive (well, there was a promise to
>have something last month already) at some stage.

I don't think that waiting for the next release is a good idea. I was at Sean Moss-Pulz' talk in Bern on April 2.
In the Q&A, somebody said that his Freerunner missed incoming calls. Sean M-P replied that this would be
fixed really soon. I asked, "When?" and Sean said, "June".

The thought of new users struggling with the old docs, which are mostly no longer relevant, for the next
2 months is awful, don't you think? But maybe adding a pointer to Tom Yates' pages will do for now.

Nick