No GSM. Suspect dead Calypso. What to do?

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Sat Apr 11 19:43:21 CEST 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 08:17:17PM -0700, danek wrote:

> 4. Since it took a while to get socat sorted, and I wasn't sure what you meant when you said Calypso goes to sleep "very fast" (goes to sleep after being powered on? in between commands? didn't know.)

   Both.

   Also, from the GSM 07.07 document:

	9.1	Report Mobile Equipment error +CMEE
[...]
	Defined values
	<n>:
	0	disable +CME ERROR: <err> result code and use ERROR instead
	1	enable +CME ERROR: <err> result code and use numeric <err> values
		(refer next subclause)
	2	enable +CME ERROR: <err> result code and use verbose <err> values
		(refer next subclause)

   The first few commands to send are these:

AT
AT%SLEEP=2
ATE1
AT+CMEE=2

> Me: AT+COPS
> Neo: AT+COPS
> OK
> AT-Command Interpreter ready
> //It looks like it reset itself. I try dialing anyway...

   Perhaps the modem loses power? Which power sources are you connecting
(charger/USB/battery)? Does the battery connector and the battery both have
clean contact points? Are you using a battery of the same length as the
original battery?

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen