how to quote replies in nabble.com [Re: No GSM. Suspect dead Calypso. What to do?]

danek daniel at digsoc.com
Sun Apr 12 14:09:38 CEST 2009

On Sun, 2009-04-12 at 03:05 -0700, Timo Juhani Lindfors (via Nabble)
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (top posting on purpose so that you see the whole message.)
>
> is there some way to notice when you are quoting somebody and when
> you
> are writing yourself? I was first about to ignore this email since I
> thought it was my own email. Usually people mark quotations by
> prefixing lines with "> ".
>
> I'm writing this to mailing list since perhaps it's a common problem
> with nabble.com and somebody who uses it could help.
>
> best regards,
> Timo Lindfors

Unfortunately, it does appear to be Nabble's fault. I just looked at all
of my messages from this thread in pipermail and realized to my horror
that not a single one of them had any sort of marks for the quotes.

I searched Nabble support just now, and didn't find anything that seemed
relevant for e-mail quoting, so I posted something. I was very impressed
with how smart and smooth Nabble is until I discovered this disturbing
behavior...

http://n2.nabble.com/Marking-quoted-text-in-e-mail-td2623929.html