The myth of missed phone calls (was: OM2008.12 - basic usage instructions?)

Daniel Willmann daniel at totalueberwachung.de
Wed Apr 15 00:04:50 CEST 2009

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 14:52:55 -0700 (PDT)
halbtaxabo-om at yahoo.com wrote:

> Sean Chadwell <smchadwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> >Don't waste all your time there, we're expecting the new 2009 version
> >of the Openmoko distribution to arrive (well, there was a promise to
> >have something last month already) at some stage.
>
> I don't think that waiting for the next release is a good idea. I was
> at Sean Moss-Pulz' talk in Bern on April 2. In the Q&A, somebody said
> that his Freerunner missed incoming calls. Sean M-P replied that this
> would be fixed really soon. I asked, "When?" and Sean said, "June".

I have attended that talk as well and I also encountered (surprisingly)
many opinions at the Openmoko community stand saying the same. I can
only talk about my experience (I'm currently working on some dbus
testing infrastructure to say for sure), but telephony has been pretty
stable for me (using FSO and zhone) for about three months now. I'm
quite reluctant to say more about this until I have test results other
than "none of my friends have asked me why I don't answer the phone any
more", but I had to clearify that if there still are problems with
incoming calls (which I honestly don't believe) then they are not
immediately noticable.

Regards,
Daniel Willmann