[shr-testing] no icons on home screen

Angus Ainslie nytowl at openmoko.org
Thu Apr 16 18:04:57 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 21:48 +1200, Robin Paulson wrote:
> hi,
> i'm not sure why it happened, but there are no longer any icons on the
> home screen of shr. paroli starts at boot ok, and i can ssh in fine to
> do an opkg update, and other cli stuff
>
> /usr/share/applications is still populated the same as before the
> problem, and whenever i change something in one of the .desktop files,
> the spinning wheel appears on my desktop, as it counts the number of
> files there, but nothing appears
>
> installing new software doesn't do anything either
>
> any suggestions, this is very frustrating?

There was a bug in the paroli packaging that might have trashed your
shr-theme ( I think it uses a different one from OM's )

To find the theme :

opkg list_installed | grep theme

It will be something like shr-theme-default or shr-illume-theme

To fix :

/etc/init.d/xserver-nodm stop
rm -rf /home/root/.e
opkg install -force-reinstall <theme from above>
/etc/init.d/xserver-nodm start

Hopefully that gets your icons back

Angus