Wrong size reported on SD Card

Daemon D unnaturaltragedy at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 17 22:09:19 CEST 2009

I am trying to install Android on my freerunner so am at the stage (2nd attempt) of preparing the SD card. I have QTExtended on my freerunner. I have an 8gb transcend sdcard. I ssh into the phone, fdisk reports the correct size. I partition it according to the instructions at http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Android_on_Freerunner in the  "On FreeRunner (2008.x)" section.

After formatting the 2 new partitions, 1st 6GB vfat, 2nd 1.xGB ext3, I restart the phone so things will mount accordingly (still in QT, mind you). When I ssh in now, it shows a vfat partition mounted in /media/card that is only 1gb. No sign of the ext3 partition.

What am I doing wrong?

P.S. I can't prepare the SD-Card on my linux box because the card reader doesn't work properly.