[Debug Board] Lauterbach / Trace32 / JTAG

J Baart wingzs at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 12:10:49 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'm currently working on a bootloader for the neo freerunner. I can't get
gdb completely working so I'm looking for another way to debug. However I do
have a Lauterbach. When I connect the Lauterbach to the 20pin JTAG connector
on the debug board (v3) I cannot power on the freerunner. When I connect an
usb adapter to power the debug device, the freerunner will power on. I can
attach the device with Trace32 but when it tries to bring up the system it
gives some error messages like: "emulation reset detected". I used a Trace32
file that I downloaded from the Samsung website to do the basic init of the
s3c2442 so that shouldn't be the problem.

Now I'm not sure if it's possible to use the debug board to connect a
Lauterbach. It seems like the pins are connected correctly and I don't think
that an external power source should be connected.

So my question is: Is there someone out there that got a Lauterbach working
in combination with the debug board? Or is there someone that can tell me if
it's possible to use a Lauterbach in combination with a debug board.

Thanks

Justin