The myth of missed phone calls (was: OM2008.12 - basic usage instructions?)

Daniel Willmann daniel at totalueberwachung.de
Mon Apr 20 18:22:46 CEST 2009

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 21:51:09 -0400
Paul <paultsai at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 6:04 PM, Daniel Willmann <
> daniel at totalueberwachung.de> wrote:
> > I had to clearify that if there still are problems with
> > incoming calls (which I honestly don't believe) then they are not
> > immediately noticable.
> >

> While this may be true with your current carrier and phone usage,
> this is far from the case with my phone.  Part of the problem
> Openmoko as a community is facing is adequate testing.  With
> something as complex as worldwide telephony system, it's the biggest
> detriment to Openmoko's success.

I'm curious, what distro are you using? I would be pretty surprised if
carrier differences are having that effect.
If you don't mind please try kernel and rootfs in
http://totalueberwachung.de/~alphaone/openmoko/buzzfix/ and see if you
are still missing phone calls. If you are I would be very interested in
any logs you can produce. For that please make
sure /etc/frameworkd.conf reads

log_to = file
log_destination = /path/to/file
in section [frameworkd] and