The myth of missed phone calls (was: OM2008.12 - basic usage instructions?)

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Thu Apr 23 14:45:01 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 11:08:14PM -0400, Paul wrote:
> The distro I've used that missed phone calls the most was FSO, zhone was
> pretty unstable.  But I have missed calls on SHR and OM2008.12.  OM2008.12
> has terrible echo and is unusable last I tried.
>
> If there were new patches since Feb, I'll be out of date.  I had to get a
> real phone because I couldn't use my freerunner.

   There was a GSM firmware bug such that you would miss all calls during
the first suspend after a reboot or power on[1]. It will happen when the
firmware is moko10 or older and your kernel is older than 2009-02-22. Later
kernels include a workaround[2] for the firmware bug and the moko11
firmware[3] from 2009-02-24 fixes the bug.

[1]
https://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-kernel/2009-February/008497.html
[2]
https://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-kernel/2009-February/008832.html