[Om2009] What needs to be installed to make it usable?

Angus Ainslie nytowl at openmoko.org
Mon Apr 27 23:15:05 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-27 at 13:55 -0700, halbtaxabo-om at yahoo.com wrote:
> Since the Openmoko with Om2008.12 isn't really usable as a mobile
> phone, I thought the most useful thing for me to do was to load
> Om2009 as described at:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om2009
> and then test it and report bugs.
> On that page it tells you which kernel, filesystem and bootloader
> to flash with dfu-util. I did that.
> Now, when I boot up, I don't get any icons. The default screen just
> shows the time, and 4 menu options:
> I/O
> Msgs
> Tele
> People
>
> No settings; how do I set things like the time before it goes into
> sleep mode, essential to ssh into the Openmoko?

With the current testing image that is what is expected. If you want to
wait a couple of days I'm trying to get another testing image out that
addresses some of your concerns.

If you want to try and get it going on your own most of the tweaks that
refer to FSO in the wiki will aslo work for Om2009 .

Angus