[OM2008.12] GSM modem resetting

Stacy Millions slm3095om at Millions.Ca
Thu Apr 30 19:18:50 CEST 2009

I have been running 2008.12 since early February, but within the last
couple weeks my FR stopped registering with the network.

To debug the problem, I reflashed the same copy of 2008.12 that I had
previous downloaded. I log in with ssh, and install cu. Stop the X
server (which stops qpe, so nothing is talking to the modem). I start
cu; and in another window I run stty -F /dev/ttySAC0 crtscts. Now I can
talk to the modem.

here is a transcript...
==========
root at om-gta02:~# cu -l /dev/ttySAC0
Connected.

OK
AT+CMEE=2;+CREG=2
OK
AT+CFUN=1
OK
AT+COPS=0,0
OK

+CREG: 2

+CREG: 5,"2710","C60E"
AT-Command Interpreter ready
==========

Any ideas as to why the modem is resetting after it registers?

Since the registration was roaming, I tried my son's SIM (from another
carrier) and got this...

==========
root at om-gta02:~# cu -l /dev/ttySAC0
Connected.

OK
at
OK
at
OK
AT+CMEE=2;+CREG=2
OK
AT+CFUN=1
OK
AT+COPS=0,0
OK

+CREG: 2

+CREG: 1,"2710","C60E"
AT-Command Interpreter ready

Again, it registers (this time in its home network) and then the modem
resets.

-stacy