How to get over Battery not charging

François-Léonard Gilbert gilbertf at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 21:03:48 CEST 2009

Your phone and battery are probably both fine, the Freerunner can't boot
normally if the battery is empty.

Coincidentally, I left my Freerunner too long between charges and I had to
find a solution this morning (in the wiki, of course).

Try this:
1) unplug the FR from USB and charger
2) push the AUX button (the other button, not the power button) and, while
maintaining it down, plug the charger in.  The phone should boot to the NOR
menu
3) push the AUX button periodically (about every 5 secs) for 2 minutes (each
push cycles the selected item in the menu)
4) select "Boot" and push the power button.  the phone should start booting
(after a few seconds of black screen, don't panic)

The secret is that the phone needs more power than the charger can supply
during boot, and that the battery charges while the NOR menu is shown.
Effectively, this method lets the battery charge a little - just enough to
support booting.

Welcome to the Freerunner!
Francois