Xrander (Resolution question)

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 8 13:52:19 CET 2009

On Tuesday 08 December 2009, Iurii wrote:
> Al Johnson wrote:
> > As far as I know there is no way to use resolutions other than the ones
> > xrandr
> > already provides. 240x480 is an unusual resolution. If you explain why
> > you need it we may be able to suggest alternatives.
>
>  im really sory for the late answer the reason why i need that is that i
> want to rewrite one of my applications to work on the FR but all the images
> are sized for 240x480
> and im not an designer actually its little complicated to me to make a new
> design for my program(
> any syggestions?

Depending on the app type it may be reasonable to put everything in a
container fixed at 240x480. With a top bar above and a keyboard below this
isn't far off normal size.

You could try scaling the images for 320x640 and running in landscape. This
isn't far off normal size with top bar. It should be quick and easy to scale a
screenshot to find out how it would look.

If the app is FOSS you might find a volunteer on the list to help with the
artwork.