Sooo... I may have blown up my battery.

François-Léonard Gilbert gilbertf at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 02:56:50 CET 2009

Mine does not boot up with USB only.   It's a buzz-fixed A6, and
couldn't start without battery power (AFAIK).   Moreover, the version
of UBoot I have in NOR dates back to may, 2008, so it is probably very
stale.   I have so little juice NAND U-Boot won't.

Let's see what I have on hand:
1) a 2500 mAh 4.8v batt
2) proto-board friendly wires
3) a need for a booting phone

If the battery posts of the FR accept 5v from a USB wire without
damage, could I jury-rig the AA batt's in lieu of the FR battery?   If
I understood well, the FR needs a lot of mA to boot, but could get by
on USB after boot.

Has anybody tried this?  Is there some reason I shouldn't?   Is there
some place where I could see the specs for the power input circuits?

Thanks!