[FSO] Wifi in M5 no longer functioning

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 05:13:57 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 8:20 PM, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer
<mickey at openmoko.org>wrote:

> Am Wednesday 04 February 2009 02:55:25 schrieb Dylan Semler:
> > It seems that my prior FSO wifi configuration no longer works with M5.
>
> Did you request WiFi with the Usage API?

I guess I did not.  Now I run

root at om-gta02:~# mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ousaged
/org/freesmartphone/Usage org.freesmartphone.Usage.RequestResource WiFi
root at om-gta02:~# mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ousaged
/org/freesmartphone/Usage org.freesmartphone.Usage.GetResourceState WiFi
False
root at om-gta02:~#

After RequestResource WiFi, the freerunner shows up on my router's list of
connected wifi devices.  Does RequestResource not only turn on the radio,
but also try to connect (and thus, ifup eth0 would not be necessary)?  If it
does it must be failing in my case.

Dylan