[FSO] Wifi in M5 no longer functioning

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 05:55:36 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 4:38 AM, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer
<mickey at openmoko.org>wrote:

> Am Wednesday 04 February 2009 10:08:37 schrieb Dylan Semler:
> >
> > I don't _think_ it's a configuration issue, as my setup hasn't changed
> > since M4 and I'm using the same config files.
>
> I'm afraid the new kernel broke something then. Can you try an older one to
> make sure?

Using the kernel from M4.1 (2.6.24+r10 from Nov 18th), I can access the
internet with SetResourcePolicy WiFi enabled and then ifup eth0.  The next
kernel image available in the testing and unstable repositories is
2.5.28-oe1 from Jan 12th.  This kernel exhibits the same problems as the M5
kernel.