FSO Milestone 5

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Sat Feb 7 22:22:31 CET 2009

If you manually invoke '/etc/init.d/checkroot.sh' once it's finished
booting and is still read-only, it will correctly remount root to
read/write...  This is the same checkroot.sh that is called early during
startup yet apparently fails to remount / rw at that time.  If you insert
the remount command near the top of checkroot.sh it WILL successfully
remount during initial boot, so it IS executing checkroot.sh during
startup, but something is different between then and the manual invocation
from the terminal once booting has finished.  What??

Joel Newkirk
http://jthinks.com      (blog)
http://newkirk.us/om (FR stuff)