reading mail

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 07:39:20 CET 2009

2009/2/8 Seth Rothenberg <seth at pachai.net>:
> I have a funny question.
> I am going to be travelling,
> and hopefully will get my FR online somehow....
>
> What are my options for reading mail?
>
> I'll ask first about gmail, because my "home" mail
> is hosted there.    Is anyone reading it on FR?

yep, i get my gmail on the fr, via imap in qtmail on 2008.12

it's slow as hell, and the connection often times out, but it's
excellent having my e-mail with me wherever i go, and have the ability
to read whatever attachments i get sent

> I think I can use POP to read my work email...but
> I don't know if I will be able to tunnel in, except if *maybe*
> I can make a few hops SSH..then vpnc.
>
> (it might be easier to find a regular computer
> and use https: than pop via 2 tunnels. :-)

i'm not exactly sure what your problem is, but i can get my email over
ssl no problem. it took a bit of working out (the instructions on the
wiki were shocking, hopefully they're a bit clearer now i've done some
work on them)

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Qtmail