OpenMoko Webcam

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Sun Feb 8 20:27:13 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:52:14AM +0100, Neil Benn wrote:
> Hello,
>
>           Okay, dealing with the low resolution I thought that it could be
> something to do with the odl pcw/pcwx issue for philips webcam drivers.

   At least for the Logitech cameras, it apperears to be a hardware
limitation. There just isn't buffer space in the camera to hold an image:
http://forums.quickcamteam.net/showthread.php?tid=255

> So
> I tried to install that, however the install instructions don;t work - the
> patch file bombs out and I'm not _totally_ sure how to correct the flaw
> manually.  Basically the patch file seems to not reflect the directory
> structuire of the 2.6.24 kernel.

   Before you spend more time on that, check which driver it uses. E.g.
mine:

$ head -v /sys/class/video4linux/video*/name
==> /sys/class/video4linux/video0/name <==
UVC Camera (046d:0991)

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen