Charging the FR in the car

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 16:53:51 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 16:41, Joachim Ott <jo.omsl at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I bought an adapter 12V => USB for the cigarette lighter in the car so
> I can charge the FR while driving. The standard charging at 100 mA is
> too slow. Are there any objections that I charge at 500 or even 1000
> mA?

Just depends how much your adapter can deliver.
Probably 500mA is ok (even though not all adapters are made for 500mA,
I have some chargers rated for 350mA).

1A is quite a lot. Might be ok, but first make sure that the
specifications of your charger are ok for 1A output.
(note that none of the few car chargers I have are rated for as much
as 1A output, but most of them are old phones chargers...)

I do force 500mA with an adapter I got from an older phone. I don't
have the exact specs of the charger, but it works ok.

to do that (with latest kernels) :
echo 500 > /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/pcf50633-mbc/usb_curlim