Problem in Compiling Kernel Module for Openmoko

Nelson Castillo nelsoneci at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 10:59:13 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 1:50 AM, Sincere Trout <sincere_trout at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I am trying to compile a kernel module to run on openmoko, and in this
> regard I downloaded the provided toolchain and the kernel from
> http://git.openmoko.org/?p=kernel.git;a=summary
>
> The problem is that the downloaded kernel from
> http://git.openmoko.org/?p=kernel.git;a=summary does not has the file
> gta02_defconfig where as this instruction is given on the site:
> "You also need to cp ./arch/arm/configs/gta02_defconfig .config before
> building"

Hi there!

I think this happens when you're not in a valid branch!

Type git-branch and you'll notice it.

Please switch to the andy tracking branch and build again.

Would a kernel FAQ be useful? I'll check the wiki tomorrow to see what
we have there ...  I just don't remember now.

Perhaps we should also modify the build script to warn about this
fact. It's a FAQ now...

Nelson.-