Problem in Compiling Kernel Module for Openmoko

Nelson Castillo nelsoneci at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 12:38:54 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 7:24 PM, arne anka <openmoko at ginguppin.de> wrote:
>>   CHK     include/linux/version.h
>> /bin/sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('
>> /bin/sh: -c: line 0: `echo 2.6.29-GTA02_(no-mokodev >
>
> at a first glance. i'd say, the ( in the echo has to be escaped:
>
> `echo 2.6.29-GTA02_\(no-mokodev >
>
> but i don't know how the line continues ...

Isn't it better if you are in a valid branch on the first place?
I might have made a wrong assumption.

I just sent a patch that takes care of this so that this bug doesn't
bit us in the future. Please give us feedback if I got it wrong
somehow (it would be better if you do it on the kernel ML but it is OK
to do it here).

http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-kernel/2009-February/008789.html
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-kernel/attachments/20090220/02d1e5f8/attachment.patch