After flashing my Freerunner several things don't work

encinalense smchadwell at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 16:52:49 CET 2009

vendion wrote:

>> After flashing my freerunner, came with some version of 2008.xx but the
>> settings menu didn't work and my wifi didn't work and there were some
>> minor UI
>> issues that I was interested in see if they were fixed (such as when
>> writing a
>> text message the backspace or delete is no where to be found and can't
>> find
>> how to add a space) and the entry system kept trying to get me to add
>> letters
>> instead of numbers when adding a phone number in the contacts menu.
>> After
>> flashing my freerunner to 2008.12 the only thing that was fixed is the
>> Settings menu, but my SIM card no longer works with it, right now I am
>> glad
>> that I keep my old phone.
>>
>> Any suggestions on what to do?

> After reflashing my kernel and the 2008.12 the issues are still there,
> right now I am stuck with a $400 dollar brick any thing I need to do to
> fix this or help fix this if one of my issues is a known bug?

I'd suggest two things: 1) flash the phone, again, to 2008.9; then give the
FDOM a shot.

The text entry issues you note sound exactly like my learning curve on
illume -- if you haven't already looked here, check
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Illume#How_to_use_.28Raster.27s.29_keyboard.3F
for more info about how to use it. FDOM includes a kb switcher that will
give you a full keyboard (with up and down and CTRL, etc.).

-Sean