OM 2008.x networking problems

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Mon Feb 23 00:42:17 CET 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 08:38:38PM +0100, joris_vl at gmx.net wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Ok. I upgraded from 2008.9 to 2008.12. Issues on the 2008.9:
> - unable to get on the internet through usb networking although it was possible to ssh into root. I followed the usb networking guide on the wiki, more specifically for Ubuntu 8.10. (Error message after attempting e.g. opkg install openmoko-terminal2: 'An error occured: return value:2.')
>
> After flashing on the 2008.12 image (kernel + rootfs):
> - unable to access the internet through usb networking. ssh into root still works as before. Error message when attempting opkg install has changed into: 'Could not obtain administrative lock' (although once I got the 'An error occured: return value:2.' again which I was not able to reproduce).

   It's in the Wiki somewhere: Missing or incorrect /etc/resolv.conf. Look
at the one on your desktop computer. Also try these two commands:

$ ping -c 3 88.198.124.202
Failure means routing/NAT problem.

$ ping -c 3 www.openmoko.com
Failure means DNS problem (assuming the first one worked).

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen