Dead freerunner

Jayesh Salvi jayeshsalvi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 18:37:36 CET 2009

> You can charge the battery in an external charger, it just need a bit of
> extra
> juice to be able to boot the FR. But you could also use a Nokia BL-5C
> battery
> to boot the FR. After it is started it will keep running from the charger
> when you remove the battery. This allows you to boot from one battery and
> switch batteries to charge a dead one. The BL-5C battery is found in lots
> and
> lots of nokia phones, there is probably one nearby which you can borrow for
> 5
> minutes :)
>
> AVee

Thanks AVee. I will try to get an external battery charger or a spare
battery or borrow a nokia battery.

I found other thread which suggests some tricks as well (subj:"External
battery charger"). But the trick of holding AUX and inserting USB charger
doesn't work for me. That's probably because what the wiki says (
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_Battery):
"Another complication is that some Freerunners are capable of starting up
without a battery while others are not (possibly due to different capacitor
values on the internal power rails)."

I will check with alternate battery option in nearby electronic stores.