Reincarnate the battery [Was: GTA02 is now an expensive brick]

Yaroslav Halchenko site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com
Sun Jan 4 18:05:34 CET 2009

for me it was always working:

* unplug charger
* take out the battery for a second and place it back
* connect charger and leave it charging an minimal current over the
  night
* power up the phone in the morning and let it charge at 1A if not yet
  charged fully ;-)

I've been going to post about alternative "Chinese" chargers for a while,
but forgotten to do that, so doing it now:

Some time ago I got smth like
just without transformer, so it was a bit cheaper and ebay and
other website full of similar things

or
or
http://www.cellphoneshop.net/unbatrch.html

you can find more of the models from different makers at
http://www.chinasuppliers.globalsources.com/china-suppliers/Universal-Cell-Phone-Charger.htm

iirc the one I have gives up to 500mA

So, they cost 2-10$ depending on the model/deal/website and work for most of
the batteries. since FR fails to charge my battery from nokia phone
(don't recall the model), this charger does it fine so I always have a
spare battery available if I need a rapid boot to charge original battery
from FR

It is not that clear from the description how to use this beast. But
there is plenty of youtube videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKsxq8SeN3Q

Hope this helps ;-) If you find it useful - please don't hesitate to
update the wiki with this information

Cheers