GTA02 is now an expensive brick

Jon 'maddog' Hall maddog at li.org
Mon Jan 5 01:19:32 CET 2009

>I believe have a GTA02v5, but there's no identifying mark to say which
>version.

I had the same issue, but Steve Mosher told me:

       Visual inspection:

       A7 can be determined by visual inspection by removing back
       cover. There are a row of double pins near the SDcard slot. A7
       will go into production shortly.

       A5 was built prior to July. there were only 3K so the datecode
       should give you that.

       A6 is visually different from A7 ( no double row of pins) and
       probably has a date code after July.

       If you open the front cover you can see the PCB ID printed above
       the LCM:

       GTA02_MB_A5

md