GTA01 bricked - WANTED Debug Board in Germany

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Thu Jan 8 15:54:53 CET 2009

I have just bricked my GTA01, is there anyone on Germany who might be
willing to reanimate it via JTAG?
I would send you the unit with a return ticket.

Paymet for this service could be some bottles of the finest black wood
forest beer:
Rothaus Pils
Waldhaus Pils
Waldhaus Jubilaeumsdunkel

How does this sound?

Here is the story. (Not to repeat!)

Booting from SD never worked for me. I thought maybe Qi does it better.
Qi did not, but I lost my DFU-Mode this way.
(Qi has none and I have no secondary NOR bootloader. Qi Wiki-page was
written by Frerunenr users.)
It was clear that I have to go back to uboot as soon as possible because
I would be screwed the moment my system does not longer boot correctly.
(happens quickly with only hand full of megs free space)

I could not find any information on how to write it back with nandwrite.
Nandwrite has many parameters which I don't understand. And the Internet
is silent about this.
My post on the community list stayed unanswered.

So i just tried it:
> nandwrite /dev/mtd0 gta01bv4-u-boot.bin
> Input file is not page aligned
> Data was only partially written due to error
> : Success
Success? Error?

Well, Error. It does not boot any more!

nandwrite -o would have probably been the right command... I don't know.

Could anyone elaborate? This should be documented.

Conclusion, keep away from Qi if you have a GTA01.