OpenMoko Webcam

Neil Benn neil.benn at ziath.com
Sun Jan 11 14:51:07 CET 2009

Hello,

          I am trying to enable support on my OpenMoko for Webcams.  I have
followed the instructions to install debian by using the installation script
described at : http://wiki.debian.org/DebianOnFreeRunner.  I then followed
the instructions for openmoko and webcam at :
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Webcam.  I downloaded the kernel and upzipped
it as described.  The instructions said to get a config from /proc/.config
but that didn't exist after the install script.  I then found a config file
in the debian package which the automatic installer uses called
'linux-image-2.6.24-openmoko-gta02'.  So I downlaoded the source for this
and found a config file at defconfig-gta02 - I used this.  Carrying on I ran
the command : make drivers/media/video/v4l1-compat.ko.  However here is
where the problem  starts.  The code goes through and shows the following
output:

---
debian-gta02:/usr/src/linux-2.6-openmoko-20081103.git7172ec57# make
drivers/media/video/v4l1-compat.ko
scripts/kconfig/conf -s arch/arm/Kconfig
  CHK     include/linux/version.h
  UPD     include/linux/version.h
  SYMLINK include/asm-arm/arch -> include/asm-arm/arch-s3c2410
  Generating include/asm-arm/mach-types.h
  CHK     include/linux/utsrelease.h
  UPD     include/linux/utsrelease.h
  SYMLINK include/asm -> include/asm-arm
  CC      arch/arm/kernel/asm-offsets.s
  GEN     include/asm-arm/asm-offsets.h
  CALL    scripts/checksyscalls.sh
<stdin>:1097:2: warning: #warning syscall fadvise64 not implemented
<stdin>:1265:2: warning: #warning syscall migrate_pages not implemented
<stdin>:1321:2: warning: #warning syscall pselect6 not implemented
<stdin>:1325:2: warning: #warning syscall ppoll not implemented
<stdin>:1365:2: warning: #warning syscall epoll_pwait not implemented
  CC      scripts/mod/empty.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/mod/mk_elfconfig
  MKELF   scripts/mod/elfconfig.h
  HOSTCC  scripts/mod/file2alias.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/mod/modpost.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/mod/sumversion.o
  HOSTLD  scripts/mod/modpost
  HOSTCC  scripts/kallsyms
  HOSTCC  scripts/conmakehash
  CC      drivers/media/video/v4l1-compat.o
  MODPOST 0 modules
---

  No 'explicit' error gets reported but the dirver file does not get made.
Searching for this (on debian in gerenal as there is not much on the
freerunner itself', I find comments that the config file may be incorrect -
however I cannot find another source for the config file.  For now I am
trying to do a complete compile of the kernal on the FreeRunner but as you
can imagine - that is a bit slow!!  Does anyone have any advice or tips they
can give me on compiling the driver and/or working out a config file?

  Thank you, in advance for your help.

---

Cheers,

Neil

Neil Benn Msc
CEO
Ziath Ltd
Website - http://www.ziath.com
Blog - http://www.labauto-lounge.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This message, including any attached documents, is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
please notify Ziath Ltd immediately by email at info at ziath.com. Thank you.