Back to whining again

Joachim Ott jo.omsl at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 11 22:33:15 CET 2009

2009/1/11 Sven Klomp <sven at klomp.de>

> Do you use the 2.6.28 kernel from http://downloads.freesmartphone.org/fso-
> testing/images/om-gta02/<http://downloads.freesmartphone.org/fso-testing/images/om-gta02/>?
> At boot time it says Bad CRC and stops booting.
>
> So I used the kernel from MS 4.1 and the Freerunner is booting...
>
> On Friday January 9 2009 17:00:39 Marcus Stong wrote:
> > I'd just like to say, for all the whiners using om 2008.x (I've been one
> > just recently, too), try FSO testing. I've been using it for a few days,
> > and everything seems to work like a charm compared to OM2008.x.
> > Suspend works great, battery life is killer, boot time is good, telephony
> > seems solid. Granted there's no UI for wifi and no bluetooth support,
> it's
> > still eons ahead of OM2008 as far as I can tell. Really, I think everyone
> > needs to get over om2008, including open moko, because it just doesn't
> > work. But I have renewed faith in my phone now that I've installed FSO.
> > Great job FSO team!

I put it to a SD-partition, together with 2.2.28 kernel and modules. It
started well. I was too slow to get into the settings  to turn off the
suspend, so I had to remove battery and boot again. After entering the PIN,
I tried to make a call - with no success. Then I tried to get WLAN to work -
with no success either. So I booted back into SHR, where everything works
like a charm.

I'm awaiting your (Marcus') next announcment on March 31 23:59. Until then
back to whining.