[Om2008.12] No sound on phonecalls

Michael Zanetti michael_zanetti at gmx.net
Mon Jan 12 10:28:51 CET 2009

On Sunday 11 January 2009 13:12:32 arne anka wrote:
> > Any progress/information on this? It's still an issue here...
>
> did you check the state file currently used when this occurs?
> i would imagine that simply the state change mechanism failed -- but also
> it could be that sound itself broke down ...

Well, it seems that indeed the state change mechanism doesn't work any more in
that case. But raising the volume in alsamixer doesn't help either. It really
looks like the entire sound system crashes once in a while here.

Also openmoocow doesn't moo any more. (Thats not as easy as it sounds to find
out because openmoocow works only if I stop /etc/init.d/speech-dispatcher)

How could I debug that further?

Thanks!