battery on Qtopia 4.4.2

Gothnet openmoko at nastylittlehorse.net
Wed Jan 14 12:33:15 CET 2009

François de Ryckel wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> The lifespan of a battery charge on my FR is no more than one night.
> Anything one can do about it?
> I'm a newbie in the Opemoko community - I'm a linux user since a few year
> but definetely not a computer geek! I'm just a big opensource software
> user
> fan -  so go easy with the explanations :)

Welcome to the openmoko community. We're like a dysfunctional family with a
love/hate relationship to the device.

I've never managed to get more than that much battery life out of mine. It's
one of the biggest issues affecting usability.

Some folks claim to have had better luck, hopefully one of them will answer,
but AFAICT you haven't done anything wrong, it just eats power *that* fast.