GPRS experience on FSO 4 (was: Re: Once a whiner)

eric at ericanddebbie.com eric at ericanddebbie.com
Thu Jan 15 18:26:24 CET 2009

Hi Paul,
I enable GPRS about once a day now for about 20 minutes (GTA01, FSO4
with no updates) and used it on a long driving trip recently.

Regular phone usage does not cause a problem, but enabling GPRS can
cause the the modem to hang for me.  But, if I'm careful not to load
too many things at once it seems to crash a lot less -- i.e. I'll stop
the previous webpage from loading before loading a new one and usually
turn off image loading in the browsers (midori or dillo).  If the
modem does hang, powering off and pulling the battery for a few
seconds is usually required for the phone to work again.

Nothing else causes the modem for me to hang these days.

Eric