Experiences with GTA02 and OM2008.12 (was part of the "Brick" thread)

Marcus Stong stongo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 22:21:29 CET 2009

You don't need to mess with uboot environment anymore. Download the
kernel in the android forum at forum.koolu.org in the "Android Pre-built
image..." thread, where the kernel is under 2M.
Android works well, but the phone is unusable still in my opinion. It's
so quiet that you can't hear ANYTHING with any background noise such as
in a car, on the street, with music in the background. This is being
worked on, but if you're looking for a usable phone, this isn't it yet.
Don't get me wrong, I love it, and actually feel quite motivated to help
resolve this volume issue, because otherwise it's a great environment.