Andriod/Koolu (Was: Experiences with GTA02 and OM2008.12)

Gothnet openmoko at nastylittlehorse.net
Wed Jan 21 13:08:14 CET 2009

Craig Woodward wrote:

> Actually, the latest version from Koolu doesn't have this restriction any
> more.  They pushed some kernel drivers into modules so the kernel is under
> 2M now, so a normal uboot can load it.  It's still very picky about the
> card though... I haven't tested wifi yet, but sms and calls seem very
> stable.  I've yet to play with bluetooth and such, but it's not randomly
> crashing, so that's probably a good sign.

Might have to get that version and give it a go. I've been using Michael
Trimarchi's images from his blog. The last one was has some problems with
GPS and GSM though. Koolu's cupcake branch should be available before too
long I think, and that'll be interesting.

I was playing with my FR on the underground this morning when some guy
leaned over and said "Is that Android?" and then asked if it was a special
build for that phone. Seemed to know it was an open phone too. First time
I've run into anyone (other than a friend at work) that knows about the
project.