backup the PIM

Craig Woodward woody at rochester.rr.com
Mon Jan 26 21:44:36 CET 2009

Most of the images can be pushed onto the uSD card and run from it. (Even Android has been modified to do it.)  I'm sure someone has a blog for doing it that way if you look/ask around.  That would be a great way to test things, since you can flash it to the card and boot from it, leaving your "stable" QTExt in the on-phone flash.

---- "François de Ryckel" <f.deryckel at gmail.com> wrote:

=============
Hi everyone,

My FR is working with QtExtended but I'd like to give a try to SHR.
However, I do not really want to loose all the contact there is the phone
during the flashing process.
I can use Neotool but this is pretty much it.  And with Neotool I don't
really know what exactly to back up?  I checked this page :
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Backup
but it seems pretty rough for me!  Any idea on how to keep just the phone
numbers and SMS present on the phone?

Thanks for your help.

Francois