No subject

Thu Jan 29 10:34:04 CET 2009

problem.

The problem happens when I play a music file, the audio is
buzzing/rattling.

When I plug in anything into the headset jack, the audio never switches
from the internal speaker to the headset.
It does not even seem to be aware that the headset is even plugged in.
It seems that I cannot use external speakers at all.
This problem happens on both the original rootfs as well as on the
2008.12 rootfs.

I talked to a an audio technician at a local music shop and I am told
that the speaker itself may be bad.

I am both trying to confirm that it is in fact a bad speaker and not any
of the "buzzing" issues as mentioned on the bug track and what I need to
do to get the speaker replaced.
Can the speaker part be ordered separately or will I have to send the
entire board back?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.