Setting app nor opkg update seem to be working

Bill Purcell lists at whpiv.net
Thu Jul 9 16:26:57 CEST 2009

Yeah, I have 2008.8.

I was using the openDNS nameservers last night and thought I pinged
google just fine.  It was late and can't remember now.  I am trying to
connect to the FR on my work computer now and it's not going so well.
I can't open the settings app like I mentioned in my initial post, so
I have to keep tapping the screen every few seconds, which I am not
good about doing, so the phone keeps suspending.  This wouldn't be
that big of a deal except if it goes into suspend mode a few times, it
will eventually never wake up and I have to take the battery out to
shut it off and then I can get back to work.

If I upgraded to 2009 would all my problems go away?

Is anyone using this as an everyday phone?  I see a lot of jargon
about how the openmoko is not ready for everyday use, but I think I'm
going to give it a whirl (once I can get things functioning).