install help?

Jason Cawood jason at jasoncawood.com
Mon Jul 20 20:10:47 CEST 2009

I took a step away from developing and testing on my GTA02 back in
November and I'd like to pick it back up again but I'm having
trouble...  I downloaded some of the newer images I found and used the
same old techniques I used back in November on my freerunner but,
when the phone re-boots after flashing it doesn't make it past the splash
screen.
I tried loading QI and u-boot along with the matching rootfs from a few
different distros with the same results but the only one that
works for me is the 2008.9 as packaged on Oct 08, 2008.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  What have I missed in my updates?