Partitioning SD card for Android

Jette Derriche jette at nerdgirl.dk
Tue Jul 21 17:42:56 CEST 2009

I dusted off my FR today, since I have decided to give Android a try.
Which is best, Koolus or Michael Thrimarchis' files?

My Micro SD card currently looks like this:

Disk /dev/mmcblk0: 507 MB, 507379712 bytes
16 heads, 63 sectors/track, 983 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 1008 * 512 = 516096 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x00000000

/dev/mmcblk0p1               1         983      495313+   6  FAT16

The current documentation is about a 1GB sd card, using 768MB for the
first partition. Does this mean that using Android is a no-go for me? If
that is not the case, what size can you recommend for my partitions?

/Jette