Partitioning SD card for Android

Jette Derriche jette at nerdgirl.dk
Wed Jul 22 14:02:51 CEST 2009

On ons, 2009-07-22 at 02:47 +0100, Al Johnson wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 July 2009, Jette Derriche wrote:

> > > If you're using something FSO-based see:
> > > http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=specs.git;a=blob_plain;f=html/org.freesm
> > >artphone.GSM.SIM.html;hb=HEAD#SetAuthCodeRequired
> > >
> > > I think this is available through the settings gui in recent SHR.
> >
> > Is QT Extended FSO based?... I am currently running version 4.4.2
>
> No, it isn't. It should have an option in its settings to turn off SIM
> authentication, but I couldn't tell you exactly where.

Yes, Qt Extended has an option to turn off SIM lock... My everyday phone
(P900) also has this option. But I was wondering if this feature
actually removes the PIN, or just remembers it.

So I disabled the SIM lock from my P900 and then moved the SIM card to
my FR. The FR did not ask for a PIN, so I guess this means it has been
removed.

/Jette