[om2009-r4] Warren's Settings Worked for Me (was Re: Om2009 testing release 4)

Paul paultsai at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 16:50:13 CEST 2009

Please note the hardware revisions A5 and A6 have a hardware defect that is
being recalled.

To determine your hardware revision
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_Hardware#Distinguishing_hardware_revisions

I was notified by the vendor I purchased my freerunner from.

Figured I would share this info.

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Joerg Reisenweber <joerg at openmoko.org>wrote:

> Am Mo  8. Juni 2009 schrieb Risto H. Kurppa:
> > > Joerg, I also tested this by lowering Mono to 72 with alsa-mixer on my
> > > A6 OM2009 Test4 after reading Warrens mail, and I now no longer sound
> > > like sitting on a motor lawnmower during a call.
> > >
> > > Maybe this is something different than the Buzz Issue, but it improves
> > > sounds for the other party a lot.
> >
> > I've experienced that on some settings the background noise of my
> > environment (=cars / computer fan / air conditioning / ...) is
> > amplified a lot when I'm silent and the person I'm talking to can hear
> > it. It isn't easy to recognice what's the source of the noise but I'd
> > say there's some tunign to do to make this work. So I don't think it's
> > the actual buzz but amplifying the environment.

> See my other post wrt EC and calypso noisegate. Basically I'm telling your
> story there.
>
> cheers
> jOERG

Paul
Email - paultsai at gmail.com

There were moments when he looked on evil simply as a mode through which he
could realize his conception of the beautiful.
Oscar Wilde - The Picture of Dorian Gray