"No space left on device"

maryhit 2del at maryhit.com
Tue Jun 9 15:54:14 CEST 2009

I managed to make the root fs full and now I cannot boot any longer.
What are the options (besides reflashing).

What I tried:
- to bood from the SD in QT, but it is failing also (trying to mount
/var/something.... ) and stops

What might also work, but I need a confirmation:
- make a image from the root fs (in jffs2 format), mount it in linux, clear
up some junk, put it back.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
P.S. can we put some kind of "fool proof" mode which will allow the usb
networking, without the need to write anything on the FS ?